Approved for 110 CEUs/ PDAs for NCCAOM and most states’ recertification
Blue Poppy’s Advanced Training in Chinese Medical Gynecology is designed for practitioners who have completed their entry-level studies in Chinese medicine, including materia medica, and are currently in clinical practice. Because Chinese gynecology is a subdivision of internal medicine, this program is oriented toward the practice of Chinese herbal medicine as its principal modality. While we’ll discuss acupuncture and its role in the treatment of gynecological diseases, students in this program need to have a background in basic Chinese herbal medicine, including materia medica and an essential repertoire of 70-80 herbal formulas.
The curriculum is organized into five courses:
Pay for each course separately or a discount price of $1400 for payment in full.
Course One: History and Principles of Chinese Gynecology & Menstrual Disease
- History of Chinese gynecology
- Basic theories and concepts of Chinese gynecology
- Fundamental principles of diagnosis
- Disease causes and mechanisms
- Herbs and acupuncture in Chinese gynecology
- Preventing gynecological diseases
- Diseases related to menstruation (yue jing bing) and the menstrual cycle
Course Two: Gestational and Birthing Diseases & Postpartum Diseases
- Disease causes and mechanisms, pattern discrimination, Chinese herbal and acupuncture treatment of 32 conditions encountered during gestation or birthing and 34 conditions encountered during postpartum recuperation
Course Three: Abnormal Vaginal Discharge, and Miscellaneous Diseases
- Diagnosis and treatment of vaginal tract infections with Chinese herbal medicine and Chinese dietary therapy
- Causes, mechanisms, pattern discrimination and Chinese herbal and acupuncture treatment of miscellaneous diseases, including: plum-pit qi, visceral agitation, mastitis, abdominal masses, uterine prolapse
Course Four: TCM and Western Gynecological Diseases and Protocols, including Infertility
- Pattern discrimination & treatments of infertility
- Relationship between modern Western gynecological diseases and Chinese medical diagnosis and treatment
- Commonly used medical tests and procedures, used in Western gynecology
- Western medical gynecological terms
Course Five: The Chinese Medical Diagnosis of Difficult Knotty Diseases as They Relate to Gynecology
- Complex western diseases affecting gynecology
These books have been assigned to expand upon and complement the material covered in the recorded lectures. As a student in this course you may purchase any of the listed books at a special 10% discount.
The list indicates the course(s) in which the book is recommended.
A Handbook of Traditional Chinese Gynecology (course 1,2,3,4)
A Handbook Of Menstrual Diseases (course 1)
Fu Qing-zhu's Gynecology (course 1,2,3)
A Guide to Gynecology (course 1)
Fire in the Valley (course 3)
Fulfilling the Essence (course 4)
The Essence of Liu Feng-wu's Gynecology (course 4)
The Treatment of Modern Western Medical Diseases with Chinese Medicine (course 5)
OTHER RECOMMENDED REFERENCE TEXTS
Statements of Fact
70 Essential TCM Formulas
The Secret of the Pulse
A Handbook of TCM Patterns and Treatments
About your instructor:
Bob Flaws began his study of acupuncture and Chinese medicine in 1977 and was in practice for 25 years before he devoted his energy to research, teaching, and writing on all aspects of Chinese medicine. Bob is a Fellow and past Governor of the National Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a founder, past president, and Lifetime Fellow of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado, and a Fellow of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (UK). Today, Bob has retired from the field Chinese medicine entirely and now spends his time promoting English-speaking teachers of Tibetan Buddhism.