Approved for 20 CEUs/PDAs for NCCAOM and most states’ recertification
Approved for 25 CEU/PDA credits through the State of California
Blue Poppy’s Advanced Training in Chinese Medical Pediatrics is intended for acupuncturists and Chinese medical practitioners seeking special knowledge and proficiency in treating infants and young children. The content of course three is described below.
Course Three: 20 CEUs/PDAs
Section A - Chinese Pediatric Massage
• Learn how to treat almost any pediatric complaint with Chinese pediatric massage (xiao er tui na), a highly effective method of very specific massage protocols for treating young children.
• Repertoire of the most commonly used manipulations
• Repertoire of the most important and effective pediatric massage points
• How to create massage “formulas”
• Instructional video with guided practice sessions designed specifically for the professional practitioner
Section B - Chinese Patent Medicines for Infants and Young Children
Section C - Practicing Pediatrics in the West
• Discussions of issues associated with practicing Chinese medical pediatrics in the United States
• Interfacing with the Western health care delivery system
• Achieving patient compliance with your treatment plans
• Tips on how to promote and market one’s specialty in Chinese medical pediatrics effectively.
"A Handbook of TCM Pediatrics"
"Keeping Your Child Healthy"
"Chinese Pediatric Massage"
About your instructor:
Bob Flaws began his study of acupuncture and Chinese medicine in 1977 and was in practice for 25 years before he devoted his energy to research, teaching, and writing on all aspects of Chinese medicine. Bob is a Fellow and past Governor of the National Academy of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, a founder, past president, and Lifetime Fellow of the Acupuncture Association of Colorado, and a Fellow of the Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine (UK). Today, Bob has retired from the field Chinese medicine entirely and now spends his time promoting English-speaking teachers of Tibetan Buddhism.