Approved for 15 CEUs/ PDAs for NCCAOM and most states’ recertification
Approved for 15 CEU/PDAs credits through the State of California
By understanding traditional Chinese disease categories, a practitioner is better able to treat the modern Western diseases that patients complain of, whether it be the common cold or multiple sclerosis. Join Bob Damone for this revealing, singularly useful clinical information.
The course covers:
- How to make a traditional Chinese disease diagnosis in modern Western patients
- How to reframe modern Western diseases into Chinese disease categories
- How to use Chinese disease diagnosis to more efficiently discriminate the patient's pattern(s)
- How to select and modify medicinal formulas based on disease diagnosis
- A time-tested, step-by-step problem-solving method
- Clinical effective treatment strategies for a variety of diseases your patients present every day!
Recommended reading (not required)
The Treatment of Modern Western Medical Diseases with Chinese Medicine by Flaws, B., Sionneau, P. $129.95
Treatise on the Spleen and Stomach by Li Dông-Yuán $29.95
The Treatment of Disease in TCM: Vol. 1–4 by Sionneau, P., and Gang, L. $24.95
The Heart and Essence of Dan-Xi’s Methods of Treatment by Zhû Dân-Xî $34.95
About your instructor:
Bob Damone, M.S., L.Ac. has over 17 years of experience as a practitioner of Chinese medicine. He reads medical Chinese and has studied Chinese medicine on Taiwan and in mainland China. Devoted to the art of Chinese herbal medicine, Bob has been teaching clinical and theoretical courses at Pacific College of Oriental Medicine for over 11 years; in the past, he also served as the Chair of the department of clinical practice and as interim academic dean. He is one of the most respected practitioners and teachers of Chinese medicine in the San Diego area. His recent publications and translation contributions include Ten Lectures on Formulas from the Personal Experience of Jiao Shu-De, A Heart Approach to Gynecology; Essential in Verse, and Principles of Chinese Medical Andrology: An Integrated Approach to Male Reproductive and Urological Health, available now through Blue Poppy Press.