- Concise 2-page summations of 133 classical formulas, 83 modern formulas, and 9 single herbs.
- Formulas describe ingredient percentages, historical origins, TCM indications, commentary with clinical applications, and contraindications and cautions.
- The formulas are organized into 18 clinical groups with 54 chapters, and include practical descriptions at the beginning of each chapter.
This book accomplishes two tasks.
- The first is to summarize, concisely, existing information on formulas from the Chinese and English language sources, with appropriate references.
- The second is to summarize Jake Fratkinís 32 years of clinical experience of using and applying Chinese herbal medicine.
- Personal insights are included in the Commentary for each formula..
Jake Paul Fratkin, OMD, L.Ac.