This book is a comprehensive text covering the theory and history of moxibustion in Chinese medicine. This book includes:
- A complete history of the use of moxibustion in China from the Han dynasty (200 BCE) through modern times
- A review of the writings of Yang Jizhou ("The Great Compendium of Acupuncture-Moxibustion"), Zhang Jiebin ("Illustrated Supplement to the Categorized Classic"), and Li Shizhen ("The Great Pharmacopeia")
- Detailed information about the source materials used for this book along with passages in Chinese in every chapter as relevant
- Case studies from classic sources
- Moxibustion, astrology, and divination
Lorraine Wilcox has been a licensed acupuncturist in California since 1989. She received her Ph.D. in Classical Chinese Medicine from American University of Complementary Medicine and has taught herself to read Chinese. Wilcox is also an assistant to Master Larry Sang of the American Feng Shui Institute and teaches in some of the acupuncture schools in the Los Angeles area.
AUTHOR: Lorraine Wilcox L.Ac