This book is another in Blue Poppy's series of books and courses on Western medicine designed specifically for the needs of acupuncturists. Less complex than Western medical or nursing books on physical examination, this small volume and website cover all areas of Western physical examination that are relevant to both the scope of practice and needs of practitioners of acupuncture and Asian medicine.
Within each chapter of the book are not only the basics of examination techniques and the implications of the possible findings, but also:
Visit http://westernphysicalexam.bluepoppy.com/ and find:
- Videos of each type of exam covered in this book
- Links to other websites with audio demonstrations of both normal and abnormal heart and lung sounds.
- Basic information on various classes of drugs your patients may be taking.
- Explanations of imaging studies, radiology reports, and other types of relevant lab tests
- Answer keys for all quizzes and problem based learning exercise questions
- If you are a practitioner of Asian medicine who works in a Western medical care setting, one who is required to communicate with Western care givers on a regular basis, or you simply wish to be sure your patient intakes and physical exams cover everything you need to know to give your patients the best quality of care, you need this book.
AUTHORS: Dr. Bruce Robinson MD, with Honora Lee Wolfe